Highlight of what’s included in your lease:
- Replace the A.C. filter monthly. This not only helps keep the unit running when you need it but will help you on your utility bill.
- Water the property. You are responsible for keeping the lawn watered on the schedule listed in your lease. If there are watering restrictions in the area abide by the rules and use a soaker hose around the foundation.
- Yard Care. You are responsible for keeping the yard picked up and make sure you are mowing regularly during growing season. You are also responsible for keeping the flower beds weed and grass free and put fresh mulch out as needed. Keep hedges trimmed and neat and edge around curbs and sidewalks. Use fertilizer and weed killer as needed.
- Keep the house clean and report any repairs needed to us. If there is any repair needed to protect your family or the property, please be sure you are reporting it immediately. If additional damage occurs because you did not report it, you will be responsible for the damage so be sure to cover yourself and let us know. You can make repair request on your online account. Be sure you notify us of new phone numbers and email.
- If your area has an HOA you are responsible for knowing the rules and regulations. The documentation should be on your online account under the documents tab. If you can’t find it, please contact our office and let us know.
- If the property has a pool you are responsible for keeping the water levels up and skimmer baskets clean. Damage to the pump due to water levels not being high enough will be your charge so be sure and make sure you are checking the water level. If you have any questions regarding your responsibility on the pool, please see the pool addendum with your lease or contact us.
- If you are not renewing your lease you are required to give an advanced written notice. The time period is at the bottom of page one on your lease.
- Rent is due on the first day of the month. It must be received in our office no later than the 3rd. If you are mailing your check or doing it through bill pay in your bank account, the sent date does not make a difference. If it is not in our hands by the 3rd you will receive a late fee so be sure to be aware of this. You can make your payment in your Metroplex Homes online account and we receive it immediately. You can also put the payment in the drop box labeled Metroplex Homes by the back door of our building or inside during regular business hours. All payments must be made online or by check, money order or cashier’s check. NOT CASH.
- All properties are nonsmoking. Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the property and includes your guest.
- No “visiting” pets. All must animals brought onto the property must be preapproved.
- You are required to maintain $300,000 of liability insurance per occurrence on the property. Metroplex Homes must be on the policy as additional insured or interested party.
Inventory and Condition form is due back to our office no later than 3 days from the lease start date with each page initialed and last page signed.